Saturday, August 05, 2006

Stings Rays are cool...... in pictures.

As stated in the title, I like sting rays. They are very cool animals. The're graceful and peaceful, and most people would even say inquisitive and playful. Yeah....well, said "people" were not assaulted by one in the ocean at midnight last night either.....
Assaulted is a strong word...he didn't like feel me up under the water, which is more than I can say for some male friends of mine, but he did however, swim very, very close to me in the pitch black ocean water and proceded to give me a "nudge" as I'll call it.
My friend Rob warned me... he said, "Sting Ray,Sting Ray, look, it's swimming at you...." but he had also been screaming, "Shark! Shark! Out of the water!" all damn night, so ya know, the who wolf/boy story.... I didn't believe a word of it. So, I'm frollicking...as I do when I take my usual midnight trip to the ocean...and all of a sudden my hand hits something in the water....and it wasn't just water!!!!! I screamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob and Alicia were already halfway to the shore by the time I turned back around to tell them, that there actually was a sting ray in the water, and it actually was trying to eat me. :-) So, I decided a beeline for the shore was in my best interest as well. Needless to say, we were all done for the evening. But, I did leave the beach with a war story...I had an altercation with a sting ray.... (which I text messaged to everyone in Indiana, and no one even so much as responded to see what the hell I was talking about except Jay who just called me back to say, "See, you shouldn't be swimming in the ATLANTIC OCEAN AT MIDNIGHT!!!!") Yeah, ...i know....but no one else is there....and it's cool, and the water's warm....too bad sharks come inland and feed at that time, and crabs think it's a swell time to start working their way through the sand, and the sting rays wanna molest you..... other than that... I like the beach at midnight!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Moby Dick said...

Rays are cool. I saw some very small ones for sale at an aquarium pet store. It would be a good reason to start a salt-water aquarium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home