Saturday, September 23, 2006

The End of the World as I Know It

So, today was my last day at the hospital getting bossed around by all the "techs"....nnaaa.....it's not really like that, they're all pretty cool. I know, it's kinda wierd to graduate and still have to keep going to school, but we'll just say I had to "make up some days" and leave it at that. One of these days I'll learn to shut my mouth, but probably not anytime in the near or distant future. It felt so good to walk out of those ER doors today, knowing I never have to see the inside of that particular place EVER again if I chose not to. So what now? many of you are asking me.....now, ...i don;t know,.....I'm forced to grow up, forced to go out into the world and try to make a difference, a change, an impression, or just at the very least survive......I've been trying to get a travel assignment nailed down, but apparently, I'm about a month too early, all the southern and western states want travelers for their snowbirds around the end of October, but not september, and a lot of companies just snub me cuz I'm a new grad...understandable, most new grads didn't put in 5,000 hours of clinical time over the last two years in pediatrics, trauma, and operating room.....but i have, and I can do the job just peachy kean, so I'm very frustruated. but oh well, worst case scenario, I just move somehwere and take a "permanent" position for about 6 months until agencies start calling me, and then pick it up there.....I've been heavily....HEAVILY .....considering Nashville. My bud Tim just moved there, says he loves it, and I've always liked it too..... plus they have lots of stuff available for hire around the area.....I don't think that would be so bad to work for 6 months or so.....plus I'd have my drinking buddy back....and my movie buddy....and my dinner buddy,....ok...so I'd actually get to hang out with my only close friend again....and that would kinda rock...cuz I'm going through Timmy withdrawls :-) So, we'll see, I'm not freaking out or rushing anything at the moment.....just waiting it out seeing how everything turns up....waiting on my letter of approval back from the ARRT telling me it's OK to schedule my exam, should get it on Monday....I wanna test on Friday, hope they have an opening......and then I'm gonna need a day to review probably, not to pass, but you all know me, I'm striving for like a 98% :-) eehhh.....I'd be happy with a 94 or better, we'll see..... It's 3am and I worked 19 hours today, so my worn out ass is off to bed, good night kiddos, sleep tight, bed bugs and shit.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home