Friday, September 15, 2006

So...I'm officially a college graduate. As of 8 pm, I was a "former" West Boca Radiology student...It felt nice......It was good night overall, I loved my dress, I felt like Marilyn...I had on a 50's style polka dot dress, red lipstick, and put my hair in hot rollers...and let me tell you, for someone who wears a pizza uniform and white scrubs EVERY DAY, it felt nice......I felt like a girl for one night this year!!! We went out to eat dinner and my mother and Bethany(who flew down just for this....) both gave me my graduation gifts.... Bethany gave me a white gold cross necklace....very cute, just like I'd been wanting for like 3 years or more.....and then.....hold your breath...this was amazing......my mother gives me a card...and I honestly expect ya know the norm, 50, 1oo dollars....no, i see an account statement....it has the whole sum of my tuition, my books, my Kettering seminar, and my lead apron I purchased, and then I see it wiped out to $0.......MY MOTHER AND KEVIN PAID MY ENTIRE STUDENT LOANS OFF FOR SCHOOL!!! THAT WAS $7000!!!!!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!! so.....tonight was good, I was the center of attention....I didnt have to work, I got to get all dressed up, I got to spent time with friends and family, got jewelry, and got $7000 dollars!!! unbelievable......That makes it 10 times easier to get with Dave Ramsey when I start working next month on the Total Money Makeover....now the only debt I have is my car ($7500).....and $5000 from an OLD student loan, $13,000 dollars and I am debt free, not a bad way to start a career....then it's time to save for a house.....i think.....I think I'd like to settle down someplace for good in about 3 years......we'll see how real life works out.....

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy shit, erin -I can't believe she did that! that's amazing!!!

congratulations, graduate!!

get a nice house so i can come visit you!

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

-gil

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger DEBTective said...

Paying off loans for you ... now that's a momma, baby! By the way, great job on committing to doing things debt-free, dollface. Keep going and good luck; staying out of debt will get you swimming in the dough. Way to go! www.debtective.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home