Sunday, November 05, 2006

Life is coming together nicely. Well, at least a copule things have fallen into place......there are many more pieces I haven't even located yet!!! I have everything in order for beginning work on the 14th, all my pincushion shots and bloodwork, paperwork, benefits and drug tests...and after all that they have decided I'm an OK person....and they are going to pay me to work for them....getting paid a decent salary for working....it's still kind of a foreign thought in my mind. I have been slaving my ass off every morning for two years in all kinds of hospitals, clinics, and offices. Doing 10 times what I'll probably be asked to do at my job, but they'll actually pay me for it, I don't have to turn around and deliver pizza forty hours a week to pay the bills. (Although I do kind of miss the people and the odd circumstances I would find myslef in....examples: I was once face to face with a raccoon in my passenger seat, head shoved inside of my pizza bag. I tripped over a skateboard and landed on my face in someone's driveway after dark. I saw over 10 different naked men answer the door. Got asked out twice. Forgot a pizza on top of my car and drove 15 miles before i realized it. Met many cute community security gaurds, one of which I ended up in the back of his patrol car......) anyway.....you get the point. It WAS fun and random, and when it's a job you don't really care if you get fired from, it's all the more reason to just fuck off and do what you want. But, alas, it is time to have to worry about doing a good job and getting along with coworkers, remembering to chip in for the potlucks, buying christmas gifts for the department, ya know....grown up shit...oh well....it's time. It is also time to move.....we found a place we all really like...and by "we", I mean Alison and Claire. Two roommates that I'm pretty sure are gonna be a blast to live with. I don't know Claire that well, but she's so energetic and fun...but laid back and I'm guessing a little nerdy...which fits in GREAT with Ali and I. Alison and I have lived together before, and we got along great, so I foresee no problems, plus I'm just not that bitchy in general, I can tolerate most anyone or anything...although I am going to have to share a bathroom with two other girls and I've never had to share a bathroom before......that's my only concern....I hope I'm not a terror to live with!! hahaha Oh!! and the place.....everyone has to see it...it's old...high ceilings, fireplace, lots of space, hardwood floors, full basement, big closets...we like it....and it's just a 5 minute cab ride from any downtown or Broad Ripple bar we'd care to venture to....it's at 47th and Capital.....everyone plan to visit. I will give you pictures once we get moved in, but December 2nd is our first house party. It's a Saturday, and don't you make any plans.....cuz you're all coming!!! I'm always a lil excited for a change of scenery, but I"m glad it's still here in Indiana...I've had some interesting experiences in the past couple weeks to say the least, and I've found their are certain people here that I just love being around, even if they can kick my ass at Cash Cab (wink,wink) All in all, life is good, birthday was good, job is good, and even though I'm going nuts not working at the moment, I'm trying to enjoy this last week of early 20's freedom and libation and realize you only live once....I'm in a much better place here than in Florida.....so for all of you that were wondering.....no complaints from the Peanut Gallery......I just opened another liter of home brewed beer and the Colts game is about to begin, care to join me?

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my cash cab bitch!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Erin said...

yeah...but what's the firing order for a small block Chevy?... that's what i thought hahahah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home